Sunday, January 17, 2010
Check out ma skills...
I meant to post this last week but forgot. Chris has so many clothes. So many. And a YEAR ago I told him to get rid of the ones he didn't wear anymore. The impressive thing was that he actually does wear most of his clothes. There were, however, some old shirts, sweatshirts, etc. from high school that he didn't wear but didn't want to get rid of. So of course I thought "oh, well lets make you a blanket out of them." I don't know what I was thinking though because I a) cannot sew, b) don't even own a sewing machine, and c) was in the middle of the 2nd hardest semester of college. So it got put off. Then in September when I didn't have a job I thought I would finally get around to it and my neighbor has a machine that I can borrow and she helped me. What I came to discover is that sewing a piece of cloth ONTO another piece of cloth is actually so hard. Harder than just sewing two piece together down one edge. So it took a while and also was looking pretty ugly. But I eventually finished it and gave it to Chris as one of his Christmas presents.
Anyway, I guess I'm pretty proud of it, even though its not very good. Or good-looking. The gray edge is also whats on the back side, and this blanket is actually really warm! Its pretty skinny though so its hard for two people to fit under it. I guess I will call it the blanket you don't share. But, whatever, its done, and I'm not sewing anything again for a long time.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
I did a similar thing for Jared this year! He found an old sweatshirt from elementary school that he wanted me to make a pillow out of it...I should blog about it and post a picture so that you can see. Good job though! It looks cool!
Good for you, Rachel! My mom has made me a couple t-shirt quilts and I love them. But I have never sewn before and have always been afraid of the sewing machine. You've inspired me to finally make one for John! (He has so many shirts he needs to get rid of!)
Post a Comment