Biggest thing, we graduated! August 14, 2009. Although I really say I graduated August 13th around 8:00 pm because that's when I turned in my last ever 12 page paper, my last ever assignment in college! (I wrote that paper in one day...hopefully my professor never sees this blog! However, pulling that off did leave me feeling quite accomplished.)
We went on tour with the BYU Ballroom Dance Company (Chris as a dancer, obviously, and me as a techie!) The tour was 3 1/2 weeks from April 27 - May 20...something...2009. We bused from Provo, UT through the Midwest and Eastern United States, covering all the LDS Church History sites, many US History sites, and big fun cities in between like NYC (we are in Times Square above). The last stop was Washington, D.C. and then we flew home.
On June 7, 2009, we celebrated our One Year Anniversary! We actually celebrated it a few times :) We were in Alaska at the time and it landed on a Sunday so the next day we went to this amazingly nice restaurant in Anchorage. The day after that we flew back to Utah, drove up to Logan and spent a night in the Anniversary Inn! For those who don't know, this place has themed rooms and we stayed in "Aphrodite's Court."

I don't have a picture of this yet, but we have been training for a marathon since the beginning of September! We plan on running the marathon in Salt Lake City April 17, 2010. Training has been great so far although the weather has been getting colder and colder...so wish us luck! 20 miles in the snow...I can't imagine it!
This is not a really "notable" event, but this Halloween we dressed up as Cloud and Tifa from the video game Final Fantasy. I have never played it but I loved my costume. Chris has a huge sword which is not in this picture so I'm going to put another one up of it. It took us 5 hours and 50 yards of duck tape to make! The rest of our costumes: $13 at DI and our own closets!And just to conclude, what is currently going on in our lives is this. We are taking a year off to just be together, rest, play (and build up a savings!) before Chris goes to graduate school to get an MFA in Creative Writing. He took the GRE a few weeks ago and scored in the 92nd percentile for Verbal and 98th for Writing, so that was fantastic! His first application is due December 1st and the rest between then and late February. During the day he works on his writing samples and personal statements for the applications and in the evenings teaches ballroom at Charisma Studio in Springville. After 3 months of searching I finally landed a part-time job with Qualtrics, a company that sells licenses to use their online survey tool software. I call companies and set up demos for the salesmen with interested clients. I also still do my bookkeeping at home for ten (or so) hours a week and have three amazing violin students!
3 comments:
Hurray! A post! It sounds like you guys had a fun year. Good luck with getting in to grad school and I love Qualtrics, I use it for all of my research survey needs!
Thanks for updating!!! I miss you. I wish we lived closer together.
YEAH!!! I'm so glad I bugged you enough. haha Congrats on graduating and the fun you both had. Good luck on your marathon! That will be super exciting! :)
Post a Comment